Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pink Peppermint quilt

Have you gotten your copy of the Better Homes & Gardens “Quilt Sampler” magazine? Well run, don't walk to your nearest Quilt shope & pick up a copy. There are some wonderful patterns in the shop hop issue, I want to make them all. Makes me want to take a road trip to visit all the darling shops that are featured.



I joined a swap on the Scrappy & Happy forum called Peppermint sticks. We each picked the color we wanted our sticks to be, then received 6 pieces of fabric measuring 3x6 from each person that signed up. Well anyone who knows me, knows I picked PINK! I received so many pretty pinks I just loved looking at them.

Back to the Quilt sampler Magazine, when I looked through the pages I came across this wonderful pattern by Karen L. Gray, called "Pave the Way",

I knew my pretty pink peppermint sticks would be perfect for this pattern.


What do you think? I just love it, It reminds me of summer, Picnics, & sherbet.





It goes so well with my new pink phone. A girl needs to be color coordinated.


Then of course my beautiful black cat Warwick looks great on pink.
Have a lovely day,
Rebecca

5 comments:

  1. I think I fixed the problem Mary with the comment. It seems it was hanging out the incomplete. See if you can leave a comment.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh what a great quilt with a truly lovely display of pinks. I love pinks, too!!! And gosh I'm happy to see Warwick displaying pink in fine fashion. I love Warwick in any shade he displays. He can do no wrong! And again friend, what a delightful quilt. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your quilt...pink bricks in a way...could never look sew pretty..Of course that is what I would see...lol and yes comments are working now...I had been trying for quite awhile...toodles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how nice Rebecca. That's a great way to showcase special fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt, Rebecca. I just picked up this magazine yesterday and when I saw this pattern I thought of our "stick swap" and was wondering if they would work for this pattern. Now I know! Thanks. Your pinks look perfect ... enjoy! :) Pat

    ReplyDelete