Thursday, May 13, 2010

I have been busy


We took a trip to beautiful Monteray because I signed up for a quilting class. I have always wanted to learn to make the One block Wonder quilt. I love how you take one beautiful fabric, cut in up in a special way then sew back together the wedges & you have created a kaleidoscope effect. The day before my class we had plenty of time for sight seeing. We were blessed with beautiful weather.


This is the fabric I started with. I just loved all the different shells along with all the colors.


Here are the blocks together on my design wall. The difficult part is arranging them in a pleasing transition. The goal is to have the blocks blend into each other. I still have some work to do. It amazes me how different the blocks look from the original fabric.
I have to say a big thank you to my darling Gregg for taking me to this quilting class. He is so supportive of my passion, & is willing to take me where I need to go. He had a good time hiking & going through museums.

5 comments:

  1. Oh friend, this is fabulous. What a happy trip and a great picture of the two of you. My heart swells with joy. Joy that you were able to take this class and Gregg loved and supported you - taking you to an absolutely fabulous place. The shell fabric was perfect for this and your blocks are a true Wonder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS, Rebecca!!!!! Wow, what a trip and you sure found some stunning fabrics! That quilt is going to be a fantastic reminder, won't it... can't wait to see it finished up.. beautiful already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca! It's been so long....glad you stopped in for a visit on my blog again. You have a keeper! He takes you to a quilt class and waits patiently....yepper...a keeper for sure. I must admit that your One Block Wonder is far better than most i've seen! Love your choice of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a class from Back Porch over there on the One Block Wonder before. I love yours and the fabric you used!!! What fabric is it? I would love to do another one! I was just recently over in Monterey and Carmel too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I haven't been around in so long I didn't know you were making one of these. Did you love it or hate it? I am working on #4 and #5 at the same time. You did awesome!!

    ReplyDelete